Data Protection (Privacy)
1. Promoter and Data Controller
The data controller of personal data collected through this website is:
New West End Company, Morley House, 320 Regent Street, London, W1B 3BE http://www.newwestend.com/
We are committed to protecting your personal data and complying with the Data Protection Act 1998 and associated legislation. This Privacy Page outlines the type of information that is collected by us on this website, and how we use and protect it. This Statement also outlines your rights regarding data protection, and tells you how to contact us. This Statement applies only to this website. For example, it does not apply to banners, advertisements or promotions we may sponsor or participate in on websites owned by third parties.
2. Personal data and its uses
(a) What we collect and why
When referring to “personal data”, we mean information we collect from you, from which you may be personally identified. Typically, this may include your name, address, email address, age and sex but may also include other information such as shopping habits and preferences and lifestyle details such as hobbies and interests. Please be assured that we will not collect any personal data from your visits to our site unless you provide this information voluntarily. When you supply personal data to us through this website, it will be clear what we plan to use the data for and we will seek your consent to such use. We will then use it only for such purposes. Typical purposes are as follows:
(i) Answering your queries
Where you send us personal data in the context of asking us a question or query (for example, about the company, or its services, we shall use the data you provide in order to respond to your question. In some cases, it may be necessary to share your details with other members of New West End Company, or with other third party data processors.
(ii) Entering a competition
We may use personal data submitted in an entry form for a promotion for the purpose of administering the promotion in accordance with its stated rules. Such rules may require the publication of abbreviated winners’ identity details, and may require winners to participate in future publicity. The promotion may be administered by third party agencies on our behalf, who may have access to the data you submit (see data processors). Additional Terms and Conditions will always be supplied when hosting a competition.
(iii) Future direct marketing
Where you elect to receive such material, we will from time to time send you information about special offers, events, launches and other promotions. If you agree, we may also share your data with or pass it to partner companies for the purposes of their sending you information about other offers and events which they may be running which may be of interest to you but we will not pass your details onto third parties for their own marketing. At any time, however, you may unsubscribe from (“opt out” of) such future contact.
3. Data Processors
At times we may retain third parties to process or analyse data we collect on our websites, including your personal data. These suppliers and other third parties are contractually obliged not to use your personal data in any way other than that which we have specified.
We take reasonable precautions to keep your personal data secure, and require third party data processors to do likewise. All personally identifiable information is subject to restricted access to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse. Please note, however, that we may release your personal data if required to do so by law, or by search warrant, subpoena or court order.
5. Cookies etc
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime”; of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
When you visit our website we send you a cookie. Cookies may be used in the following ways:
To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly.
To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Two types of cookies may be used on this website; “session cookies”, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and “; persistent cookies”, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
(b) Third party advertising
We may use a third party to serve advertisements on our website. Cookies may be associated with these advertisements to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the campaign. We do not have access to or control of cookies placed by third parties.
(e) Disabling/enabling cookies
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
6. Your rights
a right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data to which you have previously consented a right to obtain a copy of the personal data which we hold about you (we reserve the right to charge a small fee for the exercise of this right)
a right to object to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing
a right to have incorrect personal data we hold about you corrected
7. Contact points
If you wish to raise any data protection issue with us, or exercise any of your legal rights, please contact us:
New West End Company, Morley House, 320 Regent Street, London, W1B 3BE, http://www.newwestend.com/
8. Christmas Cheer Competition
1. The Promotion is open to residents of the UK only, who must be aged 16 or over, with the exception of employees and their immediate families of New West End Company, its agents or anyone professionally associated with the promotion.
2. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
3. Only one entry is required to take part in the prize draw.
4.Participants can only enter and win once.
5. The Promotion runs from 30th November to 13th December. The prize draw closes on 13th December. New West End Company has the right to change the closing date at any given time without notice.
6. All participants must ensure that they provide a valid email address for their entry to be counted.
7. There are 14 prizes to be won, one prize for each day of the Promotion.
8. The daily prize is a £250 voucher to spend in the Oxford Street store of the winner’s choice.
9. The voucher must be redeemed on Oxford Street.
10. The chosen store must accept or sell vouchers/gift cards.
11. There is no cash prize alternative.
12. The Promoter is not responsible, and shall have no liability whatsoever, for any additional costs the winner may incur.
13. By having your photo taken, you unconditionally agree that your photo may be displayed on www.oxfordstreet.co.uk and that to the fullest extent permitted by law Oxford Street (New West End Company) owns all image and other intellectual property rights relating thereto.
14. By having your photo taken, you are automatically entered into the prize draw.
15. Photos may be viewed at www.oxfordstreet.co.uk.
16. By participating in the Promotion, you are automatically signed up to receive email communication from Oxford Street (New West End Company). You can unsubscribe at any time.
17. Oxford Street (New West End Company) will not pass your details to other companies or persons without your consent.
18. Any additional email addresses entered in the spread the cheer section will not be stored.
19. Any additional email addresses entered will receive an email with a link to view a greeting from the participant at www.oxfordstreet.co.uk.
20. The participant will receive an email with a link to view the photo at www.oxfordstreet.co.uk and have the option to share the photo via social media.
21. Any information entered in the All I want for Christmas section will be stored. This information will be shared in the email sent to any additional email addresses that were entered at the time.
22. A winner will be drawn under independent supervision and notified via email.
23. All winners will be notified no later than 17th December.
24. Winners will be selected daily from 1st December from the previous day’s photos.
25. The last winner will be selected on 14th December.
26. Winners will be highlighted daily on Oxfordstreet.co.uk.
27. Winners will only be contacted once by email and will have until 12th January to claim their prize.
28.Winners will be sent their prize directly once they have provided a valid postal address.
29. Prizes will be sent by recorded delivery to the address supplied by the winner (postage of which to such address shall be full and sufficient discharge of the Promoter’s obligations in respect of the same). Alternatively, the winner may collect their voucher from New West End Company. The Promoter accepts no liability for lost, stolen or otherwise missing prizes and is unable to provide replacements.
30. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, vary or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part at any time.
31. By entering the Promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.