Talent Start Here Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The competition promoter (the “Promoter”) is:
Oxford Street (Registered Company: The New West End Company Ltd)
Registered in England No. 4039488 -
Registered Office: Morley House, 320 Regent Street, London W1B 3BE
2. The grand prize is to perform at the Oxford Street Christmas Lights Switch On on Thursday 6th November 2014 (the “Event”),
3. The prize also includes:
- Return travel to London (from destinations within the UK only) on Thursday 6th November, returning on Friday 7th November 2014, for the winning act and one guest, as arranged by the Promoter;
- Accommodation on night of the event and a subsistence allowance on the day of the Event– Thursday 6th November for the winning act and one guest, as arranged by the Promoter; and
- Return travel from the hotel to the Event on Thursday 6th November for the winning act and one guest, as arranged by the Promoter.
4. The prize must be taken as prescribed and is neither non-exchangeable nor redeemable for cash.
5. Entry is free and is only open to UK residents between the ages of 16 and 25 years on day of application.
6. Entry is open to solo artists and groups of no larger than 6 members (due to stage restrictions).
7. The winning act may be signed to an agent or manager but cannot already be signed to a record label.
8. Before issuing a prize, the Promoter reserves the right to request proof that the winner is a UK resident and is over 16 years old.
9. Under 18s must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
10. The competition commences at 5pm on Friday 6th October 2014 and closes at 12noon on Wednesday 29th October 2014.
11. The three videos that receive the most likes* from the public on the Facebook platform will be shortlisted and notified by 5pm on Wednesday 29th October 2014 either by email (if they submit their entry by Facebook) or public post (if they submit their entry on Instagram). *Please note that only those likes received between the opening date of the competition – Friday 10th October and the closing date of competition Wednesday 29th October will be counted, any likes made outside the competition period stated above will not be counted.
12. The three shortlisted entries must perform the entire version of their selected song via skype to the dedicated judging panel of the Promoter between 12noon and 3pm on Thursday 30th October 2014 – please note the shortlisted entries will be notified of their skype audition time slot when they are notified that they have been shortlisted.
13. The selected winner from the three shortlisted entries will be notified by 2pm on Friday 31st October 2014 by telephone.
14. The runner-up from the three shortlisted entries will also be notified by 3pm on Friday 31st October by telephone. The Promoter will provide return travel and tickets (as arranged by the Promoter) to the Event to the runner-up and one guest on the night of the Event. The runner-up may be required to perform the selected song (as agreed by the dedicated judging panel) in the event that the winner is unavailable for any reason.
15. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the winner or the prizes.
16. Given the closeness of the date of the Event, if the winner does not acknowledge and accept the prize within 24 hours of notification, the prize will be forfeited to the runner-up as agreed by the Promoter judging panel and all below terms and conditions will apply thereof.
17. The winner must arrive at the Event venue on the night of 6th November at the time stipulated by the Promoter. Failure to do so will result in the runner-up taking the performance time slot on the night.
18. The winner must know the lyrics of the selected song without prompting on the day of the Event.
19. The selected song (as agreed by the dedicated judging panel) performed by the winner on the night of the event will not be in any way used for commercial purposes by the Promoter or its affiliate companies.
20. There are two ways to enter as outlined below.
Methods of Entry:
Method 1: Oxford Street Facebook Page: Access and Like the Oxford Street Facebook Page (facebook.com/oxfordstreetw1). To access the competition application from your desktop please click on the ‘#OXSTTalentauditions’ promotion tab, to access the competition application from your desktop or mobile/tablet device please click on the competition link contests.iconosquare.com/share/en/oxsttalent and then follow the directions to register and upload your audition video to receive one entry into the prize draw. If you do not have a Facebook account, you may sign up for a free Facebook account at www.facebook.com. See Facebook for sign up terms and conditions.
Method 2: Instagram Post: Like the Oxford Street Instagram Page (instagram.com/oxfordstreetw1) and share your audition video on your personal Instagram page and tag your video with @oxfordstreetW1 and the hashtag #OXSTTalent in the caption of the video to receive one entry into the prize draw. A free Instagram account can be created by visiting http://Instagram.com and following the appropriate link to download the free Instagram smart phone application to your mobile device, or visit your mobile device’s application store from your mobile device. See Instagram for sign up terms and conditions.
22. If you are entering using a Facebook or Instagram account, it must be an account registered in your name. Multiple entrants may not share the same Facebook, or Instagram account. In the event of a dispute, the natural person associated with the Facebook or Instagramaccount used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. No robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries (collectively “Automated Entries”) will be accepted.
23. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
24. Applicants can only submit one video entry on one of the above social media channels / methods of entry.
25. Automated entries, or, multiple entries by the same person/e-mail address, or entries that have been tampered with will result in disqualification of all such entries. Video entries must comply with the general terms and conditions outlined on your chosen social media platform of entry.
26. If entering via a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply.
28. Submission of an entry grants the Promoter and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the video in any way, in any and all media without limitation, and without additional consideration to you or notification to you. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost, late or misdirected entries.
29. Incomplete, incomprehensible, inappropriate or offensive entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may in its absolute and sole discretion disqualify an entry. Any decision by the Promoter to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
30) The Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any system or connection problems that might affect any end user during this competition.
31. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this competition.
32) The Promoter and its affiliates and subsidiaries, or any of its employees, officers or directors shall not be liable for any damages howsoever arising as a result of a participant’s entry into this competition, a participant’s registration with a social media platform to enter this competition or a winner’s (and his or her guests) acceptance of a prize and any such liability shall be borne solely and exclusively by the participant or winner (and his or her guests), as the case may be.
33. Employees of the Promoter, its affiliate companies, agents or those of its respective group companies or any supplier, provider or agency associated with this competition will not be eligible to win. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual whom the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this competition.
34. The competition promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, vary or suspend the competition in whole or in part at any time.
35. By entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions.
Data Protection (Privacy)
1. Promoter and Data Controller The data controller of personal data collected through this website is: New West End Company, Morley House, 320 Regent Street, London, W1B 3BE http://www.newwestend.com/ We are committed to protecting your personal data and complying with the Data Protection Act 1998 and associated legislation. This Privacy Page outlines the type of information that is collected by us on this website, and how we use and protect it. This Statement also outlines your rights regarding data protection, and tells you how to contact us. This Statement applies only to this website. For example, it does not apply to banners, advertisements or promotions we may sponsor or participate in on websites owned by third parties.
2. Personal data and its uses (a) What we collect and why When referring to “personal data”, we mean information we collect from you, from which you may be personally identified. Typically, this may include your name, address, email address, age and sex but may also include other information such as shopping habits and preferences and lifestyle details such as hobbies and interests. Please be assured that we will not collect any personal data from your visits to our site unless you provide this information voluntarily. When you supply personal data to us through this website, it will be clear what we plan to use the data for and we will seek your consent to such use. We will then use it only for such purposes. Typical purposes are as follows: (i) Answering your queries Where you send us personal data in the context of asking us a question or query (for example, about the company, or its services, we shall use the data you provide in order to respond to your question. In some cases, it may be necessary to share your details with other members of New West End Company, or with other third party data processors. (ii) Entering a competition We may use personal data submitted in an entry form for a promotion for the purpose of administering the promotion in accordance with its stated rules. Such rules may require the publication of abbreviated winners’ identity details, and may require winners to participate in future publicity. The promotion may be administered by third party agencies on our behalf, who may have access to the data you submit (see data processors). Additional Terms and Conditions will always be supplied when hosting a competition. (iii) Future direct marketing Where you elect to receive such material, we will from time to time send you information about special offers, events, launches and other promotions. If you agree, we may also share your data with or pass it to partner companies for the purposes of their sending you information about other offers and events which they may be running which may be of interest to you but we will not pass your details onto third parties for their own marketing. At any time, however, you may unsubscribe from (“opt out” of) such future contact.
3. Data Processors At times we may retain third parties to process or analyse data we collect on our websites, including your personal data. These suppliers and other third parties are contractually obliged not to use your personal data in any way other than that which we have specified.
4. Security We take reasonable precautions to keep your personal data secure, and require third party data processors to do likewise. All personally identifiable information is subject to restricted access to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse. Please note, however, that we may release your personal data if required to do so by law, or by search warrant, subpoena or court order.